No announcement yet.

LN130 Starting Problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right ive given it a blink test and the engine light just flashes 4 times which is Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor signal.

Ive orderd a new temp sensor but the one i have i think is ok due to my temp gauge working.

As for the smokey starts i think there is a slight leak in the fuel system and the diesel over night drains back into the tank.
    [img]http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/2484/gangrenebannervx3.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by GanGrene View Post
      Ive orderd a new temp sensor but the one i have i think is ok due to my temp gauge working.
      Different sensor.

Originally posted by GanGrene View Post
      As for the smokey starts i think there is a slight leak in the fuel system and the diesel over night drains back into the tank.
      Fuel draining back to the tank may cause the truck to take a while to start, it won't cause smoky starting.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

When you say that the plugs only come on for 3 seconds do you mean that is the time the glow plug light is on?

As posted previously normally the glow plugs come on for about 20 seconds at full pelt then drop to a lower voltage until the car warms up.

The temp sensor you talk about is under the inlet manifold just above the starter, its possible it was damaged when the head was changed but normally you would get the check engine light on all the time.

have you tried this method of starting. switch on the ignition, wait for the bleeper to start, then try to start, this gives extra time for the glow plugs to heat up.

If the engine has had a new head on was it because it was cracked, if so had the vehicle overheated? It could have damaged the rings and have low compression
        Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Working...
        X