yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got a diagrams online link for greasing steering stops? please..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got a diagrams online link for greasing steering stops? please..

Hi everyone, Just been reading about the clunking noise and the need to grease the steering lock joints. I want to do this myself, I'm sure I can with just a little help from you all.. just a little guidance..

I need perhaps access to a diagram of some sort (preferably online) so I can locate the parts I need to grease on my Beast; I'm sure I can do this myself, I can, I can ... lol :

~~~~Widowed mum, been caught by bandit mechanics in the past, surely I can do this much myself on a regular basis huh? With a little help from my friends.. as the song says...

Thanks in anticipation of you kind fellas advice. HOO HA YEH!
    Love me Love my Surf!

have a look in the links at hte bottom of this page, there should be pics there, they've been posted lots.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks... I know this has been done to death on the site, but it's a girly thing, just don't want to bog it up! Think of me crawling under The Beast on my back.. and laugh!
      Love me Love my Surf!

Comment

Originally posted by Adarsha & The Beast View Post
        Thanks... I know this has been done to death on the site, but it's a girly thing, just don't want to bog it up! Think of me crawling under The Beast on my back.. and laugh!
        Good job this is a family forum cause that comment could be taken 2 ways,but i know which way you meant it tho not like some of them on here....
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

okaaay ! lol

Thanks guys, I can see what you mean, must choose my words huh!? lol

Okay found a diagram, it has a yellow arrow pointing at where to put the grease, what is the bit that is circled in green? Is that something I should grease too? What's it for?

And... oh god ... I know it's been done before, but what grease should I ask for at the Motor Factor shop, so many different types have been mentioned in the posts, and as I'm a girl I can never make up my mind at the best of times! What grease then?
          Love me Love my Surf!

Comment

good thick grease will be ok
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Adarsha & The Beast View Post
              Thanks guys, I can see what you mean, must choose my words huh!? lol

Okay found a diagram, it has a yellow arrow pointing at where to put the grease, what is the bit that is circled in green? Is that something I should grease too? What's it for?

And... oh god ... I know it's been done before, but what grease should I ask for at the Motor Factor shop, so many different types have been mentioned in the posts, and as I'm a girl I can never make up my mind at the best of times! What grease then?
              The Bit circled in green looks like the grease nipple for the ball joint and will require the use of a grease gun when you decide to grease it

Comment

Thank yous... lol

Thank you

I shall have fun doing it next week, after I've been to the Motor shop to ask for extra thick grease !! lol...

mwa mwa to you all. x
                Love me Love my Surf!

Comment

Just buy a pot of standard lithium based grease. That will do the job fine. Even Halfrauds can sell that without too much problem. Then just take a dap on the end of your finger and spread it on each of the stops. Might want to get some rubber gloves though to save your hands from all the muck.
                  Mike G

Comment

My personal preference for the steering stops is copper-slip. Grease ne'er seems to last long for me.

p.s: There are four stops in total to do. I seem to recall that pic only shows one of the stops? There is one at the rearside of the wheel too.

Comment

Working...
                    X