Crank Shaft Oil Seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crank Shaft Oil Seal

My gearbox is coming out at the weekend. Does anyone know the dimensions or part number off the oil seal? It doesn't appear to be leaking but I have got a leak somewhere and don't want to be taking the box out again.

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=11&cid=617

or if its a 2.4

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=610&vid=160
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Cheers, I was hoping for the number off the seal or measurements so I can pick one up from a local seal stockist. Otherwise it'll cost more in postage than the seal.

Comment

Don't try to save on a rear seal and get a cheap one. Just think about how much work is involved to replace it. Get genuine.

Nev

Comment

If you have the 2.4, 85 X 105 X 10 is what the size is, according to info on the net.

Nev
          Last edited by NiftyNev; 18 August 2009, 00:57.

Comment

Not trying to save on the seal, but want to get one ready to go in when I get the gearbox out and forgot to order one in time. There is a seal supplier up the road, but they won't be there on Saturday when the box comes out and I want it back in on Saturday so I can get home. We use seals at work from the supplier, so I have no worries about the quality. I will give them a call this morning when they open. We may even have one in stock at work.

Comment

Toyota will have one tomorrow, if it's not already in stock. Likewise, Roughtrax can have you one tomorrow too.

I'd do as Nev says, don't buy a pattern part, buy genuine.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I got a vitron one from sealmasters. I've used them a lot at work and find their stuff to be very good.

Comment

dont forget they have temp settings as well as measurements
                  JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

I got a viton one which is designed for high temperatures. I specifically asked for the best they had as I don't want to do the job twice.

By the way, Lord Lucan. The plate arrived Monday looks like new. Thanks. Just hope the truck keeps going until the weekend. It's sounding on it's last legs.

Comment

Working...
                    X