Blue Smoke After Idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Smoke After Idle

Hi All! I Have a 2.4td Hilux LN130, just fitted a brand new turbo, with all genuine toyota gaskets, when the vehicle is warm, if it is left for 10 secs on idle, when pulling off it will blue smoke alot for 10 secs and then clear again. it also did this before i put the new turbo on, could it be piston rings/liners ?

Any help would be great! Cheers

Originally posted by jobee87 View Post
    Hi All! I Have a 2.4td Hilux LN130, just fitted a brand new turbo, with all genuine toyota gaskets, when the vehicle is warm, if it is left for 10 secs on idle, when pulling off it will blue smoke alot for 10 secs and then clear again. it also did this before i put the new turbo on, could it be piston rings/liners ?

Any help would be great! Cheers
    blue smoke is normally associated with worn rings,but are you sure its blue.does the smoke smell oily at all.?you could just be burning off excess crap thats built up in the exhaust.get a compression test done that will tell you whats going on,your engine could be breathing heavy causing oil to pass into the air intake hoses,or it could just be overfuelling of the pump on acceleration.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Valve stem seals. More of a vacuum is created at idle. This sucks oil down though the seals. Once throttle is opened vacuum decreases and oil burns off.

Nev

Comment

Working...
      X