No announcement yet.

Smoking When Starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. If it wasnt it would blow that fuse. Dose anyone know what the resistance is for the glow plugs?

Comment

Originally posted by davehob View Post
      Yes. If it wasnt it would blow that fuse. Dose anyone know what the resistance is for the glow plugs?
      Is it French?
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

No Jap.......... Ha Ha Ha just got it sorry a bit slow tonight

Comment

not sure what the resistance is,the tool i have just has a number of LEDs on the front.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
            not sure what the resistance is,the tool i have just has a number of LEDs on the front.
            I thought that was Bio with his recent Xmas jumper on
            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

this is the tool.
              http://www.justoffbase.co.uk/Glow-Pl...r-Sealey-VS212
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

So guys have we establitioned what is coursing the large amounts of smoke?

Comment

if its not using oil.and its only doing it from a cold start in the morning and not when its hot, personally i wouldnt worry about it.
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                    if its not using oil.and its only doing it from a cold start in the morning and not when its hot, personally i wouldnt worry about it.
                    Thats ok but the neighbours are getting the hump, oh well sod em
                    Thanks any way guys

Comment

Thats ok but the neighbours are getting the hump, oh well sod em
                      Thanks any way guys
                      Mine does exactly the same - sometimes huuuge amounts of smoke an very rough - hubby tells me its the glow plugs, so yup same as Stein says.
                      How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Thanks, a couple of people have now said about glow pligs so might give it a try.

Comment

mine blows a huge black cloud at cold start, but is fine until the next cold start. My elbow off the turbo is broke clean off at the turbo so its being replaced, but when I took it off the oil in it was about 6" away from the filter box, and really sludgy in the broken elbow. And the under the intake on the outside was caked with burned sludgy oil and the outside under the turbo is oil? any ideas? LOL, this thing has cost me lots of money just in steering and suspension so far. any info is greatly appreciated!
                          mmmmmm....... muuud

Comment

Working...
                          X