front diff bearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front diff bearing

anyone know the number etc of bearing that goes here on front diff or where i can get one or even a front diff, i will be using it as a 2 wheel drive for the time being.
    cv boots are shot but it seems bearing as gone causing a bad vibration as im driving.
    how easy is it to change etc??? no im not doing it got a mechanic to do it for me but need the advice please

Its fairly unlikely that theres any damage on that part mate. The CV joints themselves are probably destroyed with the knackered CV boots.

You mentioned in a previous post that they split and theres no grease..

No grease an a dry joint will cause premature fail of the CV joint.

Give stormforce a ring and ask him for two CV joints from a front axle. Or to at least try them an see if that cures it.

Comment

nope not that plenty of grease i didnt think there was oh well back to drawing board. the shaft is off n still got the noise like a vibrating/rubbing sound?????

Comment

have you checked the prop shafts as mine went like this to start with.I would check the uj's on the rear prop to start with
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
          have you checked the prop shafts as mine went like this to start with.I would check the uj's on the rear prop to start with
          dont think it that thats the prob rich got the shaft off from front diff to wheel so truck in 2 wheel drive n its still doing it so thinking it might be wheel bearing or bronze bushes. the prop coming from back of diff seems ok n turns ok by hand cant feel anything wrong with it.
          would have called in today as was going to penzance but turnes around at summercourt as it sounded bad will check wheels tomorrow hopefully

Comment

Bronze bushes in the wheel hubs.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Bronze bushes in the wheel hubs.
              you think it could be just that then bushy???? it like a grinding/vibrating noise like if you got a flat tyre only way i can describe it

Comment

Jack the front wheels off the ground and give them a spin, you should hear the noise coming from the hub if it's the bushes.
                If the wheel is wobbly then it'll be the bearings.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  Jack the front wheels off the ground and give them a spin, you should hear the noise coming from the hub if it's the bushes.
                  If the wheel is wobbly then it'll be the bearings.
                  thanks m8 will try that n get mechanic to try it also cant think what else it could be????

Comment

thanks for advice all got wheel bearing replaced n found it was uj on back propshaft now thats replaced no more probs

Comment

See if you listened to me right at the start when you phoned then you wouldn't of spent so much time and money would you ,you ole fat git you,bloomin stubborn ain't the word for it,Glad its all sorted ANyway Will and thanks for coming down yesterday aswell
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                      X