pressure s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pressure s

31x10.50-r15 tyres on mr surf can any one give me the correct tyre pressure please.
    ta oz.
    Last edited by ozzy; 4 May 2009, 23:58.

Around 31-33 will be fine.

can go up to around 35+ for arguably better MPG but arguably lower road adhesion

Main thing is to get a decent gauge as the ones at petrol stations are notoriously dodgy

Comment

Yeah I'd go with that, I normally run about 30ish.
      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
        can go up to around 35+ for arguably better MPG but arguably lower road adhesion
        Good for toning up the old arse cheeks too.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzy View Post
          31x10.50-r15 tyres on mr surf can any one give me the correct tyre pressure please.
          ta oz.

right cheers not that then as i have steering wheel shaking in my hands a real pain!new discs,new pads...could it be the tracking out? there are no balance weights fitted to the wheels? or could it be a wheel bearing?
          but is a big pain or have i got bigger issue? this was like it when i bought the car several years ago,but thought was discs turns out its not.:_(
          these tyres are i would say are old and not sure if they are road tyres or off road tyres? but make BIG NOISE while driving too.

any ideas/pointers please.
          oz.

Comment

It could be the tracking, or the ball joints, or the suspension, or the wheels, or even the tyres.

Start by checking your shocks are fine, then check for execesive play in your ball joints. Check none of the bushes are perished, and your tracking is fine (do not use quick places use a proper tyre shop). Check your wheels are not warped, or dented. Then consider changing your tyres, they can go out of round when wearing, or just as easily lose a balance weight (which will cause a vibration at the wheel). You could try having your existing tyres rebalanced, but the bloke that looks after the tyres fo rme is of the opinion that it isn't worth balancing old tyres because if you have something stuck in the tread it will give an inacurate balance, I tend to trust him, because he's normal the cheapest tyre place, and he's never done me wrong.
            Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

its just past its mot a couple of weeks ago so the bushes,ball joints and suspension is ok .

there are no balance weights on any i have noticedand are still the original tyres when i got it and was just imported back then,im the 2nd owner and have had it i think 5 years now.

wheels have no dents and look fine. i may down size to the original wheels and tyres .?

try the tracking, and re wheel balance first i think.

Comment

Sounds like the wheels need balancing. Are they still the original Jap tyres, btw?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                  Sounds like the wheels need balancing. Are they still the original Jap tyres, btw?

YES MATE.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzy View Post
                    YES MATE.
                    You may well find that those are the cause of your problems then. Most on here who've experienced the Jap tyres will probably tell you that they can be somewhat, shall we say, unusual.

Comment

If they are the original Jap tyres, and you've had it for about 5 years, then it's a good chance that it's the tyres. Over time the compound hardens, and cracking can occur, which can lead to blow outs.
                      I got shot of the Jap tyres within months of buying her.
                      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

As Maverick anf Matt have said ditch the Jap rubber.

The comfort of your ride will improve, and the grip will move on to another level (please note that you still cannot chuck it around like a sports car )

Trev
                        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

bugga well i will have to put up with them then and the bone shaking give the cost of the tyres been for them sizes,and having sent several hundred pounds on batterys,bumpers belts fluids pads and discs, i will have to wait till i have a blow out or two..

Comment

Working...
                          X