yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel pump pulley nut - Left or Right Thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump pulley nut - Left or Right Thread?

Hi trying to remove EFI 2.4 fuel pump and can not undo pulley/gear nut to release fuel pump. Gave it some welley and there was a loud clunk, gave it some more welley and another loud clunk then noticed fuelpump pully was not in line with top & bottom crankshaft pulley timming marks. Crankshaft nut undone with force but not this one ,before i try again is it anticlockwise or clockwise to UNDO fuelpump pulley nut?

After servicing fuelpump (if i get it out) i want to replace cam tensioner as bearing is noisey, what way is that thread?

There's no reason for it to be a left hand thread.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      There's no reason for it to be a left hand thread.
      Thats what i thought, but when searching the forum i found a post where i think it was Tonyn saying it was a oppersite thread. But now i cant find that post no matter what keywords i use. Maybe i was dreaming it - it is late and the beer has kicked in. Have you got any suggestions as to how to undo said nut?

Comment

It's anticlockwise , the pully is tight lock it up (using a bar against the engine through the pully) and use a breaker bar
        ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Cheers Bio ,that was a tough nut to crack but now done.

So pump is out and i have the RoughTrax pump seal kit in front of me. A lot of seals ,do they all need to be replaced or are there extra seals in kit to compliment all versions of pump. I have the PDF file of the exploded view but its just not clear enough. Any one got a better diagram or remember how many seals must be replaced to ensure pump will last another 15 years without being serviced again. As i do not want to try this job again

Comment

i ain't been in there ...........stein did once and.............i think he regretted it , where is the leak?
            ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

It was leaking from the top (4 allen key cover) ,and i replaced last month including top O ring. Thought easy job and all was well until last weeks MOT when pump started leaking from block side. I reckon after fixing the pressure just found the next weakest seal and popped that. So i thought i would do it properly and do all the seals.

Milners Kit
              http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/at...1&d=1239559760

RoughTrax Kit

Exploded Pump Diagram (what numbers MUST be changed)
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X