which brand engine oil?-i've tried the search lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which brand engine oil?-i've tried the search lol

Alright i know about the search button etc but i cant seem to find the answer!

which engine oil its 10-40 semi yes?

any particular brand i've been told to buy the best possible, roughtrax are comma dealers what about valvoline?
    what about doing the diff oils and auto gearbox oil to?is it an easy job?
    and also want to do the diesel filters,is there only one that is in the engine bay on the passenger side bulkhead?

cheers rob
    Last edited by Robmatthews; 28 March 2009, 15:58.

i just get the 10w40 semi synth from where ever its cheaper Rob
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Robmatthews View Post
      which engine oil its 10-40 semi yes?
      any particular brand i've been told to buy the best possible, roughtrax are comma dealers what about valvoline?
      what about doing the diff oils and auto gearbox oil to?is it an easy job?
      and also want to do the diesel filters,is there only one that is in the engine bay on the passenger side bulkhead?
      cheers rob
      As Stormy already said any 10w40 semi synth will be fine. I usually use Halfords own as I change oil every 3k miles.

Diff oil is easy enough to change, just remove drain plug from bottom till empty., replace and remove filler bolt from front and top up with recommended oil to the correct level, put filler bolt back in and all done

Can't help with auto box as mine's a manual, and yes only the one fuel filter as above

Comment

Auto gearbox easy if you just drain the sump bolt and top up. More work if you want to completely replace.

If you search on atf and bucket you'll find out how to..

I think Nero did a write up on diff oil change..

I use the comma 15/40 diesel oil.

Rob.

EDIT: Try typing 'semi synthetic' into the search engine for more hits on oil.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by wishbone; 28 March 2009, 18:37. Reason: deleted info already posted (while I was typing this post)

Comment

cheers all i will search for the diff oils level im guesing it will be the same as my rx7-fill to the bolt hole... but will check...

Comment

Re

I tend to use Mineral in mine, seems to run smoother and quieter!

Change it more often though!

I bought one of these:-

OIL PUMP

Makes changing oil a doddle now!

Great for autobox etc., just use the dip hole!

Last edited by hellmett; 28 March 2009, 20:05.

Comment

Have a look over at yotatech.com - there's a few links to downloadable owners manuals etc...

Also MattF has loads of great info over at http://forums.bauchan.org/portal/downloads.php

Rob.
              Attached Files

Comment

Wilkinson has a semi synth at really good price. I have had 2 lots and it's been fine so far. Last lot was in for approx 8 months and 9000 miles with no i'll effects.

Comment

Originally posted by hellmett View Post
                  I tend to use Mineral in mine, seems to run smoother and quieter!

Change it more often though!

I bought one of these:-

OIL PUMP

Makes changing oil a doddle now!

Great for autobox etc., just use the dip hole!

bang on i would say, these pumps are great, make it very easy and i use 15w40 mineral too, quieter and that can only mean better????

Comment

when did tony.n do the 2 bucket right up for doing the autobox fluids? i cant find it

Comment

Originally posted by Robmatthews View Post
                      when did tony.n do the 2 bucket right up for doing the autobox fluids? i cant find it
                      Two buckets. Inlet hose dunked into a bucket of fresh fluid, outlet into a catch bucket for the old fluid. That's literally it.

Comment

Working...
                      X