yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do you replace the rear wiper blade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you replace the rear wiper blade?

ive bought some new aero blades and theyre great on the front but i cant work out how to remove the rear one to swap it over.

any clues? my truck has the rear spoiler if it matters.

The back one is a special part, it is secured by 2 wee cross head screws. Roughtrax do it.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

hmm...

thats a bit of a ####er cos i bought these thinking theyd be the right ones.

Comment

the bit where it says will only fit models with the hook arm is a clue. cause there, oh i forget theres so many with the rear hook arm
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

my bad then. i checked the front and saw it was hook fit and ordered.

oh well.

Comment

Aeroblades aren't really any good for the rear anyway, as the airflow is from the wrong direction (unless you're reversing). The rubber insert can be replaced fairly easily, rather than changing the whole blade fitting.
            Mike G

Comment

Order the correct blade and assembly from Roughtrax, it's only £14.95 with the postage and takes 5 mins to change. I tried to change the rubber on it last year and it didn't wipe properly until i got the proper one.

Go on,you know it makes sense

Cheers
              Paul

Comment

just found this thread on a search, have i really had my truck for a year now? wow.

anyway, my rear wiper doesnt return fully into the receiver as do most from what ive read. however, mines seems to be caused by some type of rubber lining (for want of a better word) that has twisted over time and fouls the receiver when the blade moves away only to be twisted even more when the blade tried to return. ive tried putting it back in place but its not stuck in its twisted shape and wont stay put. i have considered gluing it back in place but would prefer to fix it properly if i can.

does anyone know how to remove the rubber thing or receiver? im thinking the spoiler will have to come off but im not even sure how to remove it. im praying its not from under the roof lining at the rear

Comment

Working...
                X