Thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostat

Has anybody ever noticed how long it was between starting a cold 2.4, and when the thermostat opened. I'm talkin idling along for maybe 15 mins or so with the odd rev to hear how shes doing. My rad still hadnt become hot all the way across the top and the bottom was still stone cold. Yes I am in the process of purging the air from the system and thats why I'm wondering...

It takes ages if you just let the engine idle. Exactly how long depends on what your idle speed is set to. If you drive it the thermostat will open in about 5 minutes.

Comment

Especially if you've got the bonnet open, I can't get my Nova to heat up enough to work the electric fan with the hood open.

Have to close the bonnet, and rev it a little.

Turn the idle up on for a while.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

No bother Elvie, I cant drive it though till I get some proper wheel nuts. I'm just trying to get everything right 1st so that when I get the nuts I can head off for a spin straight away. I've done a job on the visc fan clutch and am dying for the stat to open and to hear this 'fan roar' but sure even though the engine was hot and she had been running 15 mins, the rad was cold hence so was the metal coil on the very front of the fan clutch

Comment

Working...
        X