front discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front discs

have any of you guys bought front discs from milners?? is my 93 ssrx ln130 288mm or 291mm front discs and are they sold as a pair???, do both types fit??

Originally posted by theraeteam View Post
    have any of you guys bought front discs from milners?? is my 93 ssrx ln130 288mm or 291mm front discs and are they sold as a pair???, do both types fit??
    cant recall the size I got mine from Roughtrax and they have been fine
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

Comment

They're sold as a pair, if I remember correctly. Plus yup, I have the Milners discs and brake pads and they've been fine for knocking on three years. Phone and ask them regarding the sizes. They'll tell you what you need for your model.

Comment

Your vehicle details suggest the 291mm. The smaller diameter disc is also narrower and not suitable. The larger diameter disc is 5mm wider on the braking area and also taller overall. 8/'91 is when the discs changed.

Nev

Comment

discs

thanks nev ill see what local motor factors can do on monday , should save on postage,need to start doing the little things.MOT due next month, must remember to put foglight back on ,think ill stick inside bumper this time, badly need tyres my wheels are 6jj alloys so i think i can get away with 235/70/15 ,local firm doing falkens for £53 quid a boot

Comment

Have you done the disks before, if not hen good luck, i was lost when i first done mine.

Comment

Be prepared to at least clean and repack front bearings (use a new seal and gasket) because these have to come out to replace the discs.

Nev

Comment

And also, keep a big block o wood handy in case the Disks are rusted on, Thanks to Tony N i eventually found the correct way to seperate them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cant Get Right View Post
                  And also, keep a big block o wood handy in case the Disks are rusted on, Thanks to Tony N i eventually found the correct way to seperate them.
                  Wood? Makes a change from an angle grinder.

Comment

discs

local factors wanted £78 quid inc vat, so looks like it will be milners or roughtrax, better order seals and gaskets as well , judging by the advice given id better wait for a nice dry day to work in gods garage, i was hoping it wouldnt take that long but ill heed the advice

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                      Wood? Makes a change from an angle grinder.
                      I think i did actually use the Grinder at some stage of doing the brakes , no need for it but u know me LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X