Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring for the central locking

Hi everyone

A friend of mine has just begun to put in an alarm with central locking included.

All has gone well until we tried to connect the central locking part.
    Does anyone know the specific coloured wires that are in the drivers door or any easier way of connecting it up

Many thanks in advance
    Paul

P.S. I had my Cat 1 done by Thatcham so i cant really help him on that bit.

The central locking control module is behind the kick panel above the fuse box near the accelerator.
    Splice into the wires at the multiplug...
    12v = White / red (thickish cable)
    Lock = Red / white (thin cable)
    Unlock = Red / yellow (thin cable)

Comment

HI bushwhacker

Hi alarm module has 6 wires coming out of it that go to the door locking so i'm still at a loss unless the three wires you mentioned have to be cut completely,joined to 3 of of the new ones and then the other 3 re-join into the c/l module plug.

Cheers
      Paaul

P.S. his surf is a 2.4

Comment

Only two wires are needed from the six out of the alarm box, normally white and white/black stripe. (Possibly and earth too) Just join these wires onto the red/yellow & red/white of the C/L module, don't cut them otherwise the central locking won't work.
        The Surf is negative switching if that helps. There is usually three or four options on the wiring diagram thats included with the alarm.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          The central locking control module is behind the kick panel above the fuse box near the accelerator.
          Splice into the wires at the multiplug...
          12v = White / red (thickish cable)
          Lock = Red / white (thin cable)
          Unlock = Red / yellow (thin cable)

WOuld you mind helping me out by elaborating? On my 92 Surf/4runner there is a black cable which seems to be 12V and a number of other cables. I'm trying to work out which cable is the one which powers the windows. Do you know? And if there is an easy bench test for an existing door control, as mine doens't SEEM to be fried inside. thanks.. MJ

Comment

Working...
          X