No announcement yet.

Rust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to every one who has answered my question on rust.I think I was just a little unlucky with the doors on mine,but every thing else seems to be ok.Having my cam belt done next month and Im looking for some one to do my doors.

More than happy Surfer
    peter ssr-x
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Peter ssr-x; 6 May 2004, 09:06.

Comment

It does look as if the bottom fold of the door skin is not well sealed. I took off my inner door panel and it was clean as a whistle and the drain holes were clear. Still the seam had started to seperate and rust was beginning to show, I just caught it in time and sealed it with waxoyl. It's well worth doing!

SteveT

Comment

Originally posted by Peter ssr-x
        I have got a 1992 ssr-x Hilux surf 2.4 With which I am realy realy happy with But when I brought my baby I did not notice the rust at the bottom of each door Has any one else got this problem?
        when i was looking around to buy i looked at a few runners and these all had this problem with rust on bottom of doors. there was one garage that had the door pannels off servicing the windows and the bottom of the door was full of crap and water the drain holes had blocked thus causing it to rust. it had eaten away more on the inside than the outside.....
        CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Working...
        X