headlight problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlight problem

hi, can anyone help, my headlights have stopped working, both together at the same time! We have checked all the fuses they are fine the relay that is fine and replaced the whole indicator/light arm thingy! with no sucess, we are now trying to check the bulbs incase if one blows the other doesnt work, but we cant get into the light units! HOW??? without taking all the batteries and water resivouir tank etc, and we cant seem to unclip the grille either, I can get the top clips off but not the bottom!
    There MUST be an easier way to change a light bulb!!
    HElp Help
    Would anyone have a number for Apache I could try calling him as I am in Malvern, I need my car unfortunatly with lights as I have to do school runs and football training, cubs etc!!
    Thanks guys
    Lu x

If one blows the other will still work.
    When you say all the fuses were checked, including the fuse box down by the accelerator pedal? Although If I remember the headlights are controlled by the fusebox in the engine compartment, but worth a look.

It's easier to remove the batteries/reservoirs to access the bulbs.

Do the highbeams work when you pull back on the stalk?

Comment

We have checked all the fuses inc the ones by the acelarator pedal, and tested the relay which works! the high beam works on the flash and when you click it on and the side lighs work! We will dismantle the batteries and check the bulbs, I hope it is them! although both going at the same time is odd!

Comment

Originally posted by Lu-lu View Post
        We have checked all the fuses inc the ones by the acelarator pedal, and tested the relay which works! the high beam works on the flash and when you click it on and the side lighs work! We will dismantle the batteries and check the bulbs, I hope it is them! although both going at the same time is odd!

If the high beams work when you pull back on the stalk, then it's most likely the contacts in the switch assembly.

Remove the steering column surround (again)and you'll see the switch contact pads if you flick the stalk back and forth. Just give the surfaces a light rub with an emery board or fine sandpaper, blow the dust out and the lights should work.

Comment

I had this. The relay in my 4 Crawler loom had burnt out. It was caused by an overload when switching on the rear fog light. Check you fog light as well.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hornet View Post
            I had this. The relay in my 4 Crawler loom had burnt out. It was caused by an overload when switching on the rear fog light. Check you fog light as well.
            Very embarrased! we have fixed it after endless hassle getting at the back of the headlamp box!! it was the bulbs! didnt think in a million years that they would both blow at the same time...... lesson learnt!

Comment

Working...
            X