Gear/transfer box woe's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear/transfer box woe's!

Hi I own an ssrx 2.4td (ln130), I bought it shortly after it had had a gear and transfer box replaced. Sadly I have no drive again. The car was in traffic moving at maybe 30 when the 4wd light came on the dash, pulled over within 400yds tried the 4wd selector but would not engage, just heard the gears crunch so stopped immediately, tried to select one of the auto gears to no avail, car rev's but no drive. RAC towed me home 1/2 mile, felt a very very slight knock come rumble in the drive or when the wheels turned over, anyway once home it would then allow the 4wd stick to be operated but still no drive.
    I have put into drive and whilst peering under the car to see if any drive shafts were turning, they were not. To date I have not read any post's where this has happened before so could any forum members tell me if I have been very unlucky or am I likely to expect the same result if I replace the broken item, I am very keen to keep said vehicle. Also would the box be year specific i.e if mine is a 92 could I fit a 94 say?
    I would very much appreciate any advice regarding this problem thanks.

I got a complete gearbox and transfer box for sale if you need it . Need the code from chassis plate to see if it is the same . Let me know if you are interested .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
    X