No announcement yet.

Fuel Consumption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just worked out that our little trip up north towing trailer with the suzi on I only got about 18mpg. But who cares I love my surfOh forgot to mention boot full of tools inc a large trolley jack and the suzi full of spare wheels and tyres for the surf and other stuff.
    Attached Files
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

I would appear that fuel tanks are not standard. I can only squeeze £40 in my tank from nearly empty. Thats about 50 litres. (.76p ltr) 55l with the bit left in.
      So it must be a 12 gall tank.
      Average consumption is 28 mpg.
      Ian
      One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

Originally posted by icsys
        I would appear that fuel tanks are not standard. I can only squeeze £40 in my tank from nearly empty. Thats about 50 litres. (.76p ltr) 55l with the bit left in.
        So it must be a 12 gall tank.
        Average consumption is 28 mpg.
        The official size of the tank is 65 litres.
        Pete

Comment

I recently got 498kilometres between fill up's on a run up around the lakes the other week.

....on a work week I get around 400kper fillup - rushing and pushing I suppose...... I did put some redex in to give it good blast on the way up, so maybe that cleared it out alittle..

I'm going to get some millers diesel additive next because the redex has done too good a job and made the engine sound very clattery...Oh well...head phones on for now!!
          3rd Gen 96' Blue N Silver 3.0ltr TD

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
            The official size of the tank is 65 litres.
            Pete
            Mine's 55 litres from empty (really empty). Think the Surf came with either 55, 65 or 75 litre tank.

Cheers

Comment

I can only squeeze 50-55 litres in my tank and thats with the needle showing well into the empty and the red light on for a while!
              I get 400-450km to a tank if i am going steady, and roughly speaking i reckon to get 20mpg round town and 25mpg if i am going 70mph on the motorway. That said i went to london this weekend and was travelling at 85ish most of the way there and back, as well as a few short journeys following a skyline gtr(****** friends and their go-karts!) and i only reckon to of had about 15-17mpg out of the surf!
              Hope thats informative!
              [IMG]http://www.yotasurf-online.co.uk/public/coppermine/albums/userpics/10024/surf3.jpg[/IMG]

Big 'n' beautiful!

Comment

I get nearly spot on 500km for 55li every week and i make a daily trip of 85km 50/50 town /motorway. This isn't bad considering the surf is 2ton of metal and my added weight at xx stone. Anyway its always nice when theres someone driving up close trying to scare me over into the slow lane (like yah!!!) to put my foot down filling there tiny little vehicles with exhaust fumes (probably doesn't help Fuel consumption, but fun anyway).

Comment

Fuel Consumption

I work out my fuel consumption after every trip to the garage - I always fill up till the pump knocks off. When fully loaded and with 1500KG of caravan on the back I get 17 mpg. Diving solo when on holiday - no rush, no traffic jams etc. I get 26 mpg. (2.4 Diesel auto). This is every bit as good as the Granada (2 litre auto) I once had and that only had to tow about 1150 KG.

My 1.9 Tdi Passatt averages 49 mpg on mainly rush hour city traffic. Will do 52 on a run out in the country so is almost twice as economical as the Surf but it will not tow 1500KG safely, pull that same weight on a wet field, does not have the aerodynamics of a brick, allow you to see over hedges or put that smile on your face. If I ever have to choose to have one or the other then it will have to be the Surf as the only thing it does no do is lots of miles to the gallon.

Keith

Comment

mpg

hello i live in gloucester i travell to porthcawl and fill the tank up go down there which is 97miles fill it back up while down there takes £9.50 to fill back up again my speedo is in km and i average 10km to £1.00 fuel 7km to £1.00 if i drive hard 15km to £1.00 on motorway at 60mph 100kmh
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by medion-1; 29 April 2004, 20:33. Reason: pic

Comment

Sounds about right to me. My 2.4 works out at around 22mpg both round town and on a run. Mind you, i am a bit of a clogfoot and run my tyres at only 30psi.

Ken
                      God bless gaffer tape and mastic!

Comment

Working...
                      X