Fuel Consumption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Consumption

Just got back from a trip to Penzance I live in Cheltenham and it is about 234 miles to Penzance so approx 468 miles round trip. I had a quarter tank left last night and filled tank to the top £35.00...Did the trip today and had to fill again before the return journey £37.00 ended up when I got back with a quarter tank again ...sounds very expensive to me not yet worked out mpg ..any Ideas ...I was doing 80/85 both ways

Originally posted by halkewl
    Just got back from a trip to Penzance I live in Cheltenham and it is about 234 miles to Penzance so approx 468 miles round trip. I had a quarter tank left last night and filled tank to the top £35.00...Did the trip today and had to fill again before the return journey £37.00 ended up when I got back with a quarter tank again ...sounds very expensive to me not yet worked out mpg ..any Ideas ...I was doing 80/85 both ways

I think that works out at about 27 mpg, (still at 76p litre) so at 80/85 it ain't to, standard tyres?
    Gotta say if I drive my 2.4 like that it does guzzle more fuel, at 70/75 it feels way more comfortable and more mpg.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

sounds right to me...
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

If you think 27mpg is bad then go buy a P***** or landcruiser or Patrol, then you will know what poor fuel consumption is all about!!!!!!
        If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
        I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

Have I got my sums wrong? at 76p a litre it works out at about 94ltrs approx 25 gallons 468 divided by 25 = 18.72 ? That is not very good. If I had used my 2.9 Granada Scorpio I would have done the whole trip on just over one tank of fuel 13 gallons.

Comment

Have I got my sums wrong? at 76p a litre it works out at about 94ltrs approx 25 gallons 468 divided by 25 = 18.72 ? That is not very good. If I had used my 2.9 Granada Scorpio I would have done the whole trip on just over one tank of fuel 13 gallons.
            true figure is around 22/23mpg as 94 litre is 20.8 gallons
            [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
            [size=5][/size]
            [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

94 litres is 24.83 gallons on my convertor correct me if I am wrong ...

Comment

94 litres divided by 4.54 (litres to a gallon) = 20.86 gallons divided by 468 = 22.43 to the gallon.

My 4x4
                My choice
                Back off

Comment

Ooops! Sorry my convertor was using US Gallons which is 3.75 ltrs to a gallon soz about that ...your figure is the correct one94.54 iMPERIAL GALLON). But even so I would expect to get a bit more on a long run .....will increasing the air pressure in the tyres help? I have 32psi in at the moment ..Tyre fitter reccomende 36psi ?

Comment

Ooops! Sorry my convertor was using US Gallons which is 3.75 ltrs to a gallon soz about that ...your figure is the correct one94.54 iMPERIAL GALLON). But even so I would expect to get a bit more on a long run .....will increasing the air pressure in the tyres help? I have 32psi in at the moment ..Tyre fitter reccomende 36psi ?
                    most of us run at 33psi, at 80/85mph cant see you getting any better than that
                    [size=5][/size]
                    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

if its a 2.4 80/85 isn't thrashing it but it is pushing the motor and the smaller engine will work harder at speed. I get less at 80/85 but at around 70ish get 300+ miles to a tank easily, well used to until I put the 31" muds on.

My 4x4
                      My choice
                      Back off

Comment

I gather the tank is 65 ltr or 12 gallons so you get 300 miles thats about 25mpg?

Comment

I gather the tank is 65 ltr or 12 gallons so you get 300 miles thats about 25mpg?
                          yes but its not empty, I do 300 miles on the trip and fill it up, this way I always know I got a couple of gallons left. Ran to 362 miles once needle near the white empty line but not on it.
                          When I first got the motor I did keep an accurate reading over about three months of the consumption at different speeds, journeys etc.
                          I don't bother now and haven't kept it, but over three months it averaged out at about 26ish, as low as 22 when doing speed on the motorways and up to 31 on a steady run.
                          My other car does about 19mpg (2.5V6 GSi) so personally I ain't bothered about mpg if I was i would drive something else.
                          See what the Runner does now as well??

My 4x4
                          My choice
                          Back off

Comment

think the tank holds nearer 15 gallon
                            [size=5][/size]

Comment

£45 to fill my tank
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                              (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                              X