Weird problem, no power after driving hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird problem, no power after driving hard

Hey guys, I got a really weird problem with my surf, its a 2.4 efi, auto. While driving i was about to overtake a car, i floored it, hit the kickdown, then the car in front of me decided to speed up so i slowed down back. After about 15mins, i was driving moderately, then suddenly when i accelerated a bit, no power, the speed was slowly coming down. I had to pull over then the idle drooped to 500rpms and almost cut off. The idle got a bit rough then it smoothen out. Pulled back to the highway and same problem as soon as i tried to pass 40kmph the speed would drop the more i floored it, slower the car would become. I changed the fuel filter about 1 month ago. The symptoms felt like a flooded carb. This has happened before, if i let it sit for about 30 mins off, everything is fine after.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

I assume it's not the blindingly obvious and you haven't overheated ?
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

A vacuum in the fuel tank may be. Do you hear a hiss when removing the fuel cap?

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
        I assume it's not the blindingly obvious and you haven't overheated ?
        nope, no over heating

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          A vacuum in the fuel tank may be. Do you hear a hiss when removing the fuel cap?
          yes i hear a hiss when i open the fuel cap

Comment

You need to clear the breather on your fuel tank or, if you're lazy, drill hole in the filler cap.

Comment

you need to drill a hole in the filler cap...

oh..

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                You need to clear the breather on your fuel tank or, if you're lazy, drill hole in the filler cap.
                while the latter refers to me where is the breather hose? just so i know

Comment

Originally posted by AllTrac View Post
                  while the latter refers to me where is the breather hose? just so i know

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

i take it i need to drop the tank to get to that vac hose?

Comment

No, you can reach up and pull it down, theres enough slack in the hose.

Comment

Working...
                      X