engine cut out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine cut out

Hi can any one please help. I have a G reg surf 2.4 td i was driving home and without any warning the engine just cut out. Tried to re-start, it turned over as normal but nothing. Any ideas thanks

have u checked the cam belt??

Comment

yes!cambelt is fine.It seems like there is no diesel getting to the engine.yes its got half a tank full.

Comment

release the filler cap and listen to hear if it hisses and if so then the breather is blocked.
        When were the fuel filter last changed,if a long time ago then fit a new fuel filter and fill it with atf or redex and drive the truck like you stole it to give the fuel system a good clean thru
        The other thing is that the fuel primer may be sucking in air
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

As your truck is a 'G' reg, it'll be the non EFI version.
          There's a 12v solenoid on the rear of the fuel pump that can fail or stick shut causing loss of fuel delivery. Check the wiring is secure first then type 'pump solenoid' or similar into the search box for more info.

Comment

not long had truck.it seemed like filter was old changed it but would not prime up.so took all that off and put a in-line pump on for now.it primed up to the mechanical pump but not to engine.took out diesel stop soleniod removed the pin but back in and still nothing.

Comment

It has been known for the woodruff key on the pump shaft to shear, so it could be that.
              Have you unscrewed the injector pipes to see if diesel is pumping when you crank the engine?

Comment

yes mate no diesel at all, even tried towing it round the block but still no joy.

Comment

Originally posted by surf1991 View Post
                  yes mate no diesel at all, even tried towing it round the block but still no joy.
                  if u have cracked a pipe off and turned it over and no fuel,towing wont help,gotta be pump problem or blockage

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                    if u have cracked a pipe off and turned it over and no fuel,towing wont help,gotta be pump problem or blockage
                    sorry for long update computer like truck nackered.finally got it down to the garage they did a few test and its the pump thats gone.can you see the part numbers on the pump while its still on the engine?the pump is the non efi type.many thanks for advice.

Comment

Engine Dying

Happened to me twice today when poodling along about 50 but re-started ok. Have similar probs with my Landie Discovery but much worse. The Disco engine management light comes on, get mis-fires and eventually dies. When idling it cuts out if I rev it. Still trying to sort this. Hope Surfie not going same way......

Comment

Working...
                      X