Speedo front and cambelt(2.4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo front and cambelt(2.4)

After reading as many posts as I could I decided to change the speedo front and cambelt, and get it over with.heres what I found: The speedo face replacement is easy with no snags, just take care easing off the heater control cover (concealed screw underneath). mine was the electronic speedo which I beleive is easier.The cambelt replacement too is fairly straightforward, with the hardest part for me being the removal of the fan cowling and blade, (easy if your arm is the size of a 10 year old girl!). once they are out of the way its just loosening fan belt tensioners. the 2 water pipes running in front of the cam cover need loosening to move them up to get the cover off. A tip for loosening the crank pulley bolt: put a 19mm socket and extension bar on the bolt and turn clockwise (looking at the engine from the front)you may need a bit of pipe to extend the bar, and push it against the bracket holding the two metal pipes at the bottom of the rad. this will hold the bolt. next flick the starter over ( a quick on and off), this will loosen the bolt. sounds scary but works every time. I`ve been using this method for years, and never had a problem.Hope this info might be helpfull.
Working...
X