What can I expect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I expect

Sorry if you have seen a message like this before but here goes !!
    I am looking to buy a 2.4 Surf for about £4-5000. Firstly what are they like on fuel ? How well do they tow ? Price of a tow bar ? What are they like for getting parts- that is cost and availability ? The cost of normal consumables ie battery, clutch, exhaust, brake pads ? Insurance ? What are the most common problems associated with them ? Should I be avoiding certain years or models ? Sorry there are so many questions, but several people have said i should go for the Pajero !!!!!!! I dont expect all the questions to be answered but would appreciate any advice........... Thanks Martin a future surfer dude !!!

Originally posted by Martin D
    Sorry if you have seen a message like this before but here goes !!
    I am looking to buy a 2.4 Surf for about £4-5000. Firstly what are they like on fuel ?
    How well do they tow ?
    very well
    Price of a tow bar ?
    £90 supplied witter bar by hormygollop on here
    What are they like for getting parts- that is cost and availability ?
    Very good availability, oil, fuel & air filter kit £12.00 for example
    The cost of normal consumables ie battery, clutch, exhaust, brake pads ?
    Reasonable costs look here, www.milnerconv.co.uk
    Insurance ?
    see under FAQ for long insurance thread
    What are the most common problems associated with them ?
    Some 2.4's suffer from head problems due to a batch of bad designed heads fitted to them. Do a search on HEADS on here to read all about it.
    Should I be avoiding certain years or models ?
    Not really, although £5000-£5500 might get you a 2nd gen 3.0 if you shop around then the head problem isn't an issue
    Sorry there are so many questions, but several people have said i should go for the Pajero !!!!!!!
    The lesser people of this world, bless em
    I dont expect all the questions to be answered but would appreciate any advice........... Thanks Martin a future surfer dude !!!
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

you wouldnt get an answer like that on the pajero forum
      [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
      [size=5][/size]
      [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by Martin D
        Firstly what are they like on fuel ?
        Well I get around 27 mpg. Towing is slightly less.
        Depends on your driving style.
        Ian
        One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

Towbar

Martin, I've just bought a 93 ssr-x 3.0Td auto (today) and had a towbar fitted by the dealer. It's a Witter bar with bolt on ball and twin electrics and was £203 including fitting and the dreaded VAT.

Mike G Trekkies of the world unite!!
          Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
            Martin, I've just bought a 93 ssr-x 3.0Td auto (today) and had a towbar fitted by the dealer. It's a Witter bar with bolt on ball and twin electrics and was £203 including fitting and the dreaded VAT.

Mike G
            thats not a bad price so dont feel bad. i paid £250 inc single electrics
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Working...
            X