Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rad excellent

Guy's and Girls,

I know how helpful this site is as I use it often and do most of my own repairs so thought I'd mention a good deal I had. This summer my rad started to leak through corrosion and had to be replaced, I searched the forum's and got prices from Millner and Roughtrax, I found the dealer below on ebay and gave it a go as it came with a warranty.

I replaced the rad and believe me, it is excellent quality, I drive from Surrey to London everyday in my Surf and encouter loads of traffic, stop starts and hot days. My Surf has not overheated once and I can recommend the rad, price with postage was £106

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-HILUX-S...d=p3286.c0.m14

I am today attempting the Auto Oil change, from what I've read I need it warm, drain under sump and fill through dipstick, circle through gears with brake depressed and check level on dipstick? is that about right

Originally posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Guy's and Girls,

I know how helpful this site is as I use it often and do most of my own repairs so thought I'd mention a good deal I had. This summer my rad started to leak through corrosion and had to be replaced, I searched the forum's and got prices from Millner and Roughtrax, I found the dealer below on ebay and gave it a go as it came with a warranty.

I replaced the rad and believe me, it is excellent quality, I drive from Surrey to London everyday in my Surf and encouter loads of traffic, stop starts and hot days. My Surf has not overheated once and I can recommend the rad, price with postage was £106

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-HILUX-S...d=p3286.c0.m14

I am today attempting the Auto Oil change, from what I've read I need it warm, drain under sump and fill through dipstick, circle through gears with brake depressed and check level on dipstick? is that about right

Yup.

Comment

I got a 3.0 rad off them a couple of years back for £130. (Bit of an emergency, my original had split)

It's still in the truck now. Admittedly, the build quality isn't as good as the original Toyota one, and its a bit thinner but it worked. It's starting to weep here and there now, round the pipes, along some seams etc, but hell for that price you cant complain!

I have a decent condition original Toyota one ready to refurb and go in when I get round to it.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
      X