Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!!!!!please

Hi All,

I hope you can solve this, its driving me and my surf bonkers.

This is difficult to explain, but here we go!

My surf is having trouble ticking over, when she's at idle the rev's seem to go up and down as if it’s trying to stay at idle but eventually it cuts out. I’ve had to disconnect a vacuum hose in order to keep it running (please see attachment yellow arrow)

Does anyone recognise the three switches 1 grey, 1 blue, and 1 orange? It’s the orange one that doesn’t seem to be working. The grey and blue are fed via 12vdc but there’s no voltage feeding the orange one (could this be the problem) also when you disconnect either the grey or blue and then reconnect you can hear them clicking inside, should the orange do the same if it had 12v across it.

Any ideas is much appreciated

Cheers

Jameson..
    Attached Files
    Jameson
    1990 SURF 2.4TD

Have you checked all the vacuum hoses for splits etc
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

yep, checked them all and they all seem to be in good order.

I suspect its the top orange micro switch is the prob, looks like i might have to bite the bullet and order a new one, or get a 2nd hand one.

does anyone know what is the proper name of these switchy things?
      Jameson
      1990 SURF 2.4TD

Comment

i have it!

send me your address in a pm an i'll send you one today, the whole set up! you're lucky i've just loaded up my old engine in the back of the motor to find its new home in the scrapys!!

G
        Always assume the worst.....Anything less is a bonus!!

Comment

Originally posted by speedymacfish
          send me your address in a pm an i'll send you one today, the whole set up! you're lucky i've just loaded up my old engine in the back of the motor to find its new home in the scrapys!!

G
          Sell it!!

There was a chap on here the other day advertising for an old engine as he wants to build a good one out of two old ones.......

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

cash!!

dont worry its not going there for free!!!
            The guy i know owns a scrap yard just outside Swansea, he sold my new engine in the beast now, i'm keeping the head from the old one as its only done about 50 miles!! and he's buying the bottom half from me. just want rid of it now and besides the last time i had it sort of running there was more oil and water on the ground than in 10 good engines!!! something really wrong with it!!

G
            Always assume the worst.....Anything less is a bonus!!

Comment

Blo*dy marvelous!

Ive sent you a PM to arrange details

Jameson.
              Jameson
              1990 SURF 2.4TD

Comment

Working...
              X