Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help/emergency

hi guys ive boken down.
    for a while i have had all dashboard lights on and a high piched buzzing sounding. tried to drain water from fuel succesfully, but it would not start tonight when the key position was start and made a clicking sound any ideas. its in the middle of a field now and that may be a problem to the farmer

many thanks

commonkeeper

Originally posted by commonkeeper View Post
    hi guys ive boken down.
    for a while i have had all dashboard lights on and a high piched buzzing sounding. tried to drain water from fuel succesfully, but it would not start tonight when the key position was start and made a clicking sound any ideas. its in the middle of a field now and that may be a problem to the farmer

many thanks

commonkeeper
    Your alternator has packed up so the batterys have gone flat.

Where in Norfolk is the vehicle . I maybe able to recover it for you.
    Last edited by Vagrant No2; 24 September 2008, 20:46.
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Hi Keep,
      sound's like the alternator has given or giving up,(all the lights) starter clicking might be a sticky starter soloniod, or a flat battery, have you tried jump starting it ? try tapping the starter to see if it releases the sol plunger, and check the battery connections are good.

all the best.
      If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

not in norfolk in linconshire and i have arranged my brother in law to recoverit tomorrow with his tractor

but thanks anaway

commonkeeper

Comment

Update your profile with vehicle details . I have an alternator for sale for a 2.4 1991 if that will fit.
          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Hi commonkeeper

Very off topic! but i notice your in lincolnshire like me, once your truck is back on the road, do you fancy a little outing? I live in lincoln

Comment

Working...
            X