Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Susp Ride Hite

HI GUY'S & GIRLS
    I HAVE A 92 2.4TD SSRX AND I SEEM TO HAVE A PROB AT THE REAR I HAVE HAD MY SURF FOR APPROX 8 MONTHS AND IT HAS TO BE SAID SO FAR IN THE MAIN I AM HAPPY AS THE PROV PIG.
    BUT LAST WEEK I HAD A COUPLE OF SHALL WE SAY RATHER LARGE MUCKERS IN THE BACK AND NOW THE REAR SUSP IS SAT DOWN, I HAVE BEEN UNDERNEATH AND NO BROKEN SPRINGS BUT THEY ARE COMPRESSED TO THE POINT THAT THE BUMP CAPS/STOPS ARE SAT ON THE BOTTOM PLATE.
    NOW I DO CARRY TOLLS IN THE BACK AND I DO A LOT OF TOWING AS I RECOVER AND TRANSPORT VEHICLES FOR A LIVING "HA HA HA HA HA" SORRY JUST HAD A MOMENT !!! ANYWAY I HAVE 2 QUESTIONS, 1/ DOES ANY BODY KNOW WHAT THE RIDE HITE SHOULD BE IE: UNLAIDEN GAP BETWEEN TOP OF WHEEL AND WHEEL ARCH? 2/ HAS ANYBODY TRIED THE REPLACEMENTS FROM MILNERS AND IF SO ARE THEY ANY GOOD?
    MINE STILL HAS THE SOFT AND HARD SHOCKERS ARE THE GAS STRUTS ANY BETTER ON THESE. MANY THANK FOR NOT FALLING ASLEEP HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP. LATER DAYS GUYS.

i recomend that you replace the rear springs at least for better spec ones if you do a lot of towing etc. im going for the procomp es9000 shocks and uprated springs next month as i dont want a saggy back end
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by paulo
      HI GUY'S & GIRLS
      I HAVE A 92 2.4TD SSRX AND I SEEM TO HAVE A PROB AT THE REAR I HAVE HAD MY SURF FOR APPROX 8 MONTHS AND IT HAS TO BE SAID SO FAR IN THE MAIN I AM HAPPY AS THE PROV PIG.
      BUT LAST WEEK I HAD A COUPLE OF SHALL WE SAY RATHER LARGE MUCKERS IN THE BACK AND NOW THE REAR SUSP IS SAT DOWN, I HAVE BEEN UNDERNEATH AND NO BROKEN SPRINGS BUT THEY ARE COMPRESSED TO THE POINT THAT THE BUMP CAPS/STOPS ARE SAT ON THE BOTTOM PLATE.
      NOW I DO CARRY TOLLS IN THE BACK AND I DO A LOT OF TOWING AS I RECOVER AND TRANSPORT VEHICLES FOR A LIVING "HA HA HA HA HA" SORRY JUST HAD A MOMENT !!! ANYWAY I HAVE 2 QUESTIONS, 1/ DOES ANY BODY KNOW WHAT THE RIDE HITE SHOULD BE IE: UNLAIDEN GAP BETWEEN TOP OF WHEEL AND WHEEL ARCH? 2/ HAS ANYBODY TRIED THE REPLACEMENTS FROM MILNERS AND IF SO ARE THEY ANY GOOD?
      MINE STILL HAS THE SOFT AND HARD SHOCKERS ARE THE GAS STRUTS ANY BETTER ON THESE. MANY THANK FOR NOT FALLING ASLEEP HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP. LATER DAYS GUYS.
      if the rear springs are not broken, but are almost fully compressed, then it's possible the shocks have seized, to check, jack up the rear and unload the wheels, or even 'bounce' the back of the car. (if the wheel doesn't drop whilst jacking i.e. when jacking the spring doesn't unload, it's the shocks, if the wheel does easily drop whilst jacking, then it's the springs) although if it where the shocks, the ride would be terrible with a rigid back end, it would be practically undrivable, go with marky's suggestion, upgrade the springs, with new shocks, it's fairly easy to do, and doesn't cost too much either.
      [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Try www.explorerprocomp.co.uk look under 4runner as the suspension fits the surf. there site is under construction so you could phone
        01925-757588
        (\__/)
        (")_(")

Comment

Thanks Guys

THANK YOU BOTH FOR YOUR ADVICE AND I WILL GET IN TOUCH WITH THAT COMPANY MILNER ARE AS CHEAP AS YOU LIKE £40 PAIR OF SPRINGS £60 THE SHOCKS AND VERY EASY TO DO.
          AS I SAID THANK YOU GUYS MAY THE SURF BE WITH YOU "HA HA".
          LATER DAYS.
          PAUL

Comment

May be wrong but i`m sure i read somewhere that the ride height from wheel centre to wheel arch should be 20".

Ken
            God bless gaffer tape and mastic!

Comment

Originally posted by whitehawk
              May be wrong but i`m sure i read somewhere that the ride height from wheel centre to wheel arch should be 20".

Ken
              And I thought it was 22"..............hang on I'll check.......back in a min'.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

my 2nd gen sits at 20" at the back. just measured it
                (\__/)
                (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                X