Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel pump

Hi
    I've been running on WVO (waste vegggie oil) now for over 10,000Kms with relatively few problems. This week though the engine wouldn't start and was told by my mechanic the fuel pump is damaged. Because I run the car on WVO I need to be careful what kind of pump the old one is replaced with.

Does anyone know what kind of fuel pumps are fitted to Hilus Surfs and whether or not different makes of pump can be fitted?
    I've read that Bosch, Nippon pumps for example are best when running on WVO.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Go to your local Toyota dealer and ask them for a price and availability for a new injector pump, part no: 22100-5B300. I believe that's the correct p.n. Hopefully Nev will confirm. *If* they are still available and haven't been hiked in price, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
      Go to your local Toyota dealer and ask them for a price and availability for a new injector pump, part no: 22100-5B300. I believe that's the correct p.n. Hopefully Nev will confirm. *If* they are still available and haven't been hiked in price, you may be pleasantly surprised.
      That's the one.

Nev

Comment

injector pump prices

Interesting topic?

I enquired downunder here, about 6 months ago , on a injector pump for a 2.8 at the local toymotor dealership.

When he told me the price i definitly didnt order one.. 4 and a half k. nz dollars that is

Cost about 1 k for a complete recon on a original pump.

Be interested in what they cost at your end, let us know??
        2.8L Best toymotor engine ever!!

Comment

Only the 22100-5B300 pump is on special with Toyota. Mechanical pumps are still very expensive.

Nev

Comment

Working...
          X