Question--

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question--

Just took truck for a good run running fine,after 4hrs of driving,anyway got home parked car up and went in.Goes out after 10mins,puddle of water under bash plate.Gets in her starts her up,got her to operating temp drip drip drip drip on to floor,after 5mins when i stoped engine,water stoped.Now the only thing is im going to wales saturday towing caravan.Can`t get here in gararge till next monday,question is would i get from manchester to wales with this drip,as im takeing my tools and fixing it my self when there,well hopefully!I think its the gasket on the pump not to sure though.Put the pump is only 5mths old.Anyway any idears any one thanks.
    NEVER GIVE UP SHES WORTH IT*

Are you sure it's water from the engine, not condensed water from the A/C unit?

(just looking for the silver lining for you)
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
      Are you sure it's water from the engine, not condensed water from the A/C unit?

(just looking for the silver lining for you)
      A,C unit not working no belt on it,Its got antifreeze in so i think it is the pump duane.Will i get to wales towing,like i said ill try to fix it why im down there.hopefully its just the sealent.
      Last edited by steveo44; 12 August 2008, 19:39.
      NEVER GIVE UP SHES WORTH IT*

Comment

Well that shot down my don't worry about it approch.

I think it depends on how much coolant you're losing, and if you can risk the chances of a sudden total loss.

Personally I wouldn't like to try it, but I've experianced sitting on the hard shoulder waiting for collection when your 3/4 of they way there, only to be recovered all the way back home (head failure).
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

DO NOT USE RADWELD!!!!!!!!! Just in case as it cloggeth up the rad to budgery. Have you tried the bottom hose on the rad as this could crack and leak, i just chop shortened mine and re-clipped it.
          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Working...
          X