Bleeding!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleeding!!

Where do i bleed the fuel lines from, after re-fitting the fuel filter???
    Big Elz !!!

Originally posted by BigElz_91_SSR-G! View Post
    Where do i bleed the fuel lines from, after re-fitting the fuel filter???
    I've never needed to bleed the lines after replacing the fuel filter, just give it a good prime on the black plunger on the fuel filter housing, and it should be fine.
    If you play with fire.....

Comment

Just fill the new filter up with fuel, and pump the primer till its hard, if you think theres air loosen of an injector. and pump the fuel thru.

The fuel pumps are self priming as far as i know. So loosening of an injector prolly wont do shit.

If none of the above work try tow starting her, as long as its a manual not an auto or it wont fire...
      2.8L Best toymotor engine ever!!

Comment

Fill filter, prime via the plunger on top of filter housing. Start and run for a few minutes or untill you think it's running without fuel starvation. If you have a problem bleed the fuel line to each injector by loosening the fitting at top of injector. Do not loosen the injectors.

Nev

Comment

Helo again.Thanx for all your comments.Just tried to bleed the fuel lines by loosing off the fitting on top of the injector.nothing!even when pumping the fuel filter,so am guesing that they are self priming.gave the car a go again and off she went.

On closer inspection i found that all the injectors are linked together with small lines and from the 2nd to the 3rd ther is a small hole and from the 3rd to the 4th has snapped clean off and is leaking fuel.

By looking at it they are all welded to each other these lines,and for one injector to come out.They all have to be took out.

Is this the case? and, is it a case of buying a hole new set and replacing it or can it be repaired???

Sorry if the terminoligy or explanation of the problem is a bit weak and dont make no sense,but this is my first proper car and have never really worked on engines before.

plz help!!!
          Big Elz !!!

Comment

you can just replace the pipe that runs to each injector by taking the injector pipes off and then the 17mm nut which will let that pipe come off.I'm sure someone on here with a 2.4 breaker will sort a replacement pipe for you at a reasonable cost
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
              you can just replace the pipe that runs to each injector by taking the injector pipes off and then the 17mm nut which will let that pipe come off.I'm sure someone on here with a 2.4 breaker will sort a replacement pipe for you at a reasonable cost
              If its the leak off injector pipe you need, I have one. Not sure what they are worth, make me an offer if you need it.

Cheers,

Bu5h.
              If you play with fire.....

Comment

23760-54030 is the part number.

Nev

Comment

Working...
                X