Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift-pump

Hi.

Is anyone here from the Middlesbrough area? I've been having starting problems with my surf for a while now and have just got her back from the garage. They've managed to get her to start but I have to crank for a long time before the engine'll catch now. My mechanic's said that it's probably the fuel pump that's the problem but it might be worth trying a new lift pump to see if that stops air leaking in. So far have been quoted £95 for a second hand one from a local breakers yard or they're £80 on roughtrax for a new one. Being a student I would really like to find one cheaper especially as I don't know if it's going to fix the problem or not! So long story short, I'm looking for someone near here that's either breaking a 2LTE surf that I could borrow a pump off to see if it would fix my starting problem or that wouldn't mind lending me theirs quickly. I can come and collect it and check there and then as it's only a two minute job and obviously will be willing to pay a fair price for the loan.

Cheers

Joe

Toyota quoted me £160..... ask stormy , rick(vagrant no 2) or lord lucan , all are breaking surfs atm
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Also try Supersurf.
      My other cars a QUAD
      (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
      http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

When do you need it? I have some used ones, but not back from holiday till next week, but its near Basingstoke if you're in Southampton which isn't far.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
          When do you need it? I have some used ones, but not back from holiday till next week, but its near Basingstoke if you're in Southampton which isn't far.

Tony do you have any for a first gen as adapted a 2nd gen one atm or one with a working primer ???
          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, unfortunately today I noticed diesel leaking out from the top of the injection pump so I guess a new lift-pump's not going to be the answer Will keep those names in mind though for next time I need a part!

cheers

Comment

if you need a second hand pump i have one for sale £90 including the TNT delivery,
              01752 256304

Comment

Am going to try to replace the top seal with the roughtrax seal kit today because I can see diesel leaking out of the top. If that doesn't fix it i'll be in touch!

Comment

Quick update, was actually leaking from the fuel inlet pipe not the top seal so have replaced that washer and done it up a bit tighter (was loose which might be why it was leaking, the roadside guy that came to try to get me started when i first had problems undid it to see if the pump was working properly so i guess he didn't do it back up again!) So far doesn't appear to leak there anymore but am giving it time to suck air in again overnight and I'll see how it starts in the morning...

Comment

Started first time today so it seems she's fixed! Thanks for the offers, Supersurf I've made a note of your numbers so next time I need parts I'll be in touch. Thanks again, this forum's been very useful

Comment

Working...
                    X