Odd Starting Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Starting Issue

Having a small problem with starting truck. Only when stone cold. And not all the time.

When I try to start truck first thing in morning after waiting for heater plug relay to click, I turn the key and just get a clunk. Tried again and same thing don't know why but tried shoogiling the gear stick and putting it in and out of gear tried again and it fired up no bother like it always does.

Any ideas?

Tried the search option but most things seem to head toward failing batteries which are approx 6 month old.
    www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Originally posted by ABE View Post
    Having a small problem with starting truck. Only when stone cold. And not all the time.

When I try to start truck first thing in morning after waiting for heater plug relay to click, I turn the key and just get a clunk. Tried again and same thing don't know why but tried shoogiling the gear stick and putting it in and out of gear tried again and it fired up no bother like it always does.

Any ideas?

Tried the search option but most things seem to head toward failing batteries which are approx 6 month old.
    check the contacts in the starter motor
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

As Woodzie says - almost deffo the starter contacts

Do a search on the site - loads of info

Get the bits off Toyota = all up about £30.
      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

You 'starter' for 10

http://toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/starter.htm
        Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Working...
        X