Aircon Regassing in Herts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircon Regassing in Herts

Anyone know of someone in Herts that will regas my aircon with RS24?

I refuse to pay extortionate amounts to get the car converted to R134 when there's a perfectly acceptable substitute for R12.

Before anyone says "you can do a direct replacement with R134" allow me to point out that you can't. R134 molecules are smaller and will start leaking out of your seals as soon as it's been put in to your system. The only direct replacement for R12 is RS24.

I found this guy on the Pajero forum but wondered if anyone knows of anyone closer to Stevenage (he's in Chorleywood):

Home Counties (Car Spares) Ltd
    Roger Cobby
    01923 449785, Mobile 07977 938898

He's gonna charge me £65 which isn't too bad.
    Last edited by MadcapMagician; 2 July 2008, 10:29.

Air con

Hi Madcap, have you tried looking at yel.com? (car air conditioning) Iv'e just tried, and found one three miles from home, must be worth a try.
    If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

I got a conversion from a guy on here, I think his unsername is aircon doctor or something like that. It was cheaper than the direct substitute for the R12 and came with stuff to fill up before adding the 134a. I only used 1 1/2 of the 3 cans supplied. I do fancy it is not as cold as some vehicles with air con, but not sure if that is due to the gas or just inherant to the Surf. I checked the pressure after a week and it has not dropped. I think it was about £80. More than a straight top up for 134a but says I should now be able to just top up with 134a if I ever need to and I have plenty of gas left to top up with too.

Comment

http://www.direct-services.co.uk/

S Keene Autos Ltd Unit 31, Wedgewood Way,
        Stevenage,
        Hertfordshire
        SG1 4QT
        Tel: 01438 362234
        Fax: 01438 222255

Not sure if they do RS24 but worth a call as both in stevenage
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Nice one, chaps. Thanks.

Comment

aircon regassing

Soundsdigital is mistaken if he thinks aircondoc advised this course of action. Don't mix R134 with R12. There is a kit available called "Retropro" but please don't use this unless you are a qualified fridge engineer. I may not do this for money anymore but I still follow the rules!
            Eddie formerly known as the aircon doctor
            [COLOR=darkred]Eddie The Air-Con Doctor[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
            X