over heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fatty Smalls View Post
    Rad cap housing? Do you mean thermostat or the actual housing ,what could be wrong with that? I had the same problems as you, changed Tstat and rad cap and all was fine for 1 week and now eratic temp ,cold blowers again.
    Definitely an air lock. Top up coolant and leave rad cap off overnight to let the air escape. Re-check level in the morning and top up if necessary.

Leave rad cap on driver's seat so you don't forget to re-fit it. Set both heaters to hot before topping up.

Comment

I had one the same, ended up taking the whole rad out and getting a new top, put on.
      You could hear the pressure leaking out around the cap and a slow bubble in the overflow bottle.
      2.8L Best toymotor engine ever!!

Comment

I wish it was a air lock Bushwacker ,
        new head in Febuary(aparently (got paperwork))
        i have burped endless times ,
        left rad cap off overnight
        fitted copper bleedvalve to top heaterhose on bulkhead
        Done 5 full reverse system flush with mains pressure
        replaced 7 heater hoses that were crispy
        new Tstat
        new radcap
        new waterpump
        new rad
        removed and cleaned reservoir
        topped up using the bleed valve in
        jacked up front 2ft and burped
        checked all hoses for blockage
        passed pressure test/no combustion gases present in water

Im about to set fire to the truck ,cant do more than 10 miles without temp
        goin red/heaters blowing hot then cold
        Only 4 weeks into owning this truck and i must have bought a pup ,but reading on here the 2.4 is a sh**e motor ,and to think i paid £2000 ,well and truly mugged up! **Buyer beware**

Comment

What head was it? A Stevo/Toyota one or one off ebay?

Comment

over heat

replaced the housing itself what the cap screws down to, musthave been worn' cap would not seat tight seems fine now,just drove 90mile today temp fine ,had new rad and pump and thermo fitted 2 months back, so seems to be sorted now I hope

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
              What head was it? A Stevo/Toyota one or one off ebay?
              Head supplied from Engine Parts Warehouse Ltd ,Bury. Says on reciept Exchange Toyota 2L2 Head C/W - £578.11 and another bill of £385 to fit .Phoned them up their having none of it ,"as head wasnt fitted by us no warranty!"

Comment

Working...
              X