2.4td fual advance diaphram/ 2.8 head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4td fual advance diaphram/ 2.8 head

i have recently changed my engine in my truck from the 2.8 to the 2.4td.
    i have binned my egr and im using the manifold off my 2.8. my question is the fuel advance diaphragm on top the pump, can that be plumed straight off the manifold? im guessing that the t.p.s had some control over how much the diaphragm was aloud to open.what is the best way to over come this???

also is there a difference in the 2.8 head?? can it be used on the 2.4 will it make a difference???
    Last edited by barry007; 8 June 2008, 15:27.

The 2.8litre 3l head is the head that's now fitted to the 2.4 surfs when the heads go so you should be ok with that i would of thought.
    I can't answer any of the other questions tho
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

i have just came off roadtest and it will not go over 40mph its really slugish. im going to check the timing tomorrow but its not smoking??? any ideas??

Comment

Boost compensator

The boost compensator on the mechanical pump can run straight off the manifold. Here is a thread on tuning that 'diaphragm'

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8972

The 2.8 head has a better cam than the 2.4 (unless you are strickly off-road). The intake lobe has a bit more lift and duration, the acceleration rates are also a bit slower so it doesn't make as much noise. The engine will rev out a lot easier, make more power and give you better economy. The 2.4 cam is on the back side of the profile by about 2400 (on boost). The 3L cam will give you about another 400 rpm before it goes off the profile.

You can swap the heads entirely, or just slip in the 3L cam at the next timing belt change.

Get a ball-check boost controller for the engine. They are less than $30 and it will decrease your spool up time and increase your boost pressure during cruising by eliminating wastegate creep. This will also increase you fuel economy.

Comment

Its actully a high altitude compensater, its normally t-ed into the turbo pressure vac hose to the the turbo pressure sensor.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
          X