Turbo Light ON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Light ON

Hi - My Turbo light comes on when I give it any kind of acceleration, as soon as I back off it goes out. The car [from a new surf owners perspective] appears to run well. I've read loads of threads regarding turbo issues, but haven't seen this one. I don't really know what to look for, what sounds/smells to expect etc, but would appreciate some guidance.

Also, if theres any member living in Peterborough that would give it the quick 'once-over' for a consideration, I'd feel a lot happier.
    If it ain't fun it ain't worth doing!

Sounds like normal operation to me. Turbo light comes on when it's providing boost, and goes out when it isn't. What makes you think there is a problem?
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie View Post
      Sounds like normal operation to me. Turbo light comes on when it's providing boost, and goes out when it isn't. What makes you think there is a problem?
      It's just that I expected 'turbo' to come ON when I give it welly, not every time you put your foot on the pedal. Basically, it's ON more than not. If thats normal then great.

Comment

yeah that's normal, anything over about 2800 RPM (or is it 1800? can't remember), or lower with the heavy boots on
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

OK, it probably shouldn't be on during minimal acceleration. IIRC below around 2000rpm it probably shouldn't come on at all as there isn't enough exhaust pressure to provide any boost.

It's been a while since I drove a 2.4, so I can't remember exactly. 3.0ltrs don't have the turbo light.
          Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie View Post
            OK, it probably shouldn't be on during minimal acceleration. IIRC below around 2000rpm it probably shouldn't come on at all as there isn't enough exhaust pressure to provide any boost.

It's been a while since I drove a 2.4, so I can't remember exactly. 3.0ltrs don't have the turbo light.
            OK, thanks. I've just had a couple of glasses with my dinner, so I'll check the occurence tomorrow and get back to you.. I hope I'm workin this forum properly, took me ages to sus out what PM was same with the emoticons!
            Last edited by BushBuster; 1 June 2008, 18:45.

Comment

Turbo light operation depends not only on revs but also throttle position and engine load. Try wearing lighter boots.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                yeah that's normal, anything over about 2800 RPM (or is it 1800? can't remember), or lower with the heavy boots on
                Right. I started her this morning, a little white smoke, so normal. reved up at ignition and light stayed OFF. Light comes on over 2000 rpm whilst driving, so from previous comments 'thats normal'.

Many thanks for your time

Comment

Working...
                X