whats the best way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the best way

To hold the crank pully when trying to release the crank bolt. Water pump has gone, all stripped down just cant stop crank pully from turning when trying to undo the bolt. Any ideas please.

if its a manual stick it in gear, get someone to put a foot on the brake and undo .......

The fun starts if it's a auto you need to lock the crank pully in place . there is a special tool or you can get , OR take a steel bar drill some holes and bolt it to the pully.

' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Thanks

Mine is an auto, but , Im sure my pulley doesnt have the four bolts as shown in the pic, just one centre bolt on the crank, Id go out and have a look but its pouring out, Thanks for your help.
      rob

Comment

The Harmonic Balancer will have four holes to attach the power steering and air con pulleys to. Remove the pulleys and use the holes. They take a M8 bolt and are 72mm centres.

Nev
        Last edited by NiftyNev; 25 May 2008, 10:23.

Comment

I used a pulley stopper. £7 or so from machine mart. Basically it's a v belt threaded through a steel handle that locks onto itself.
          I just braced it against the alternator and using a 24" breaker bar, undid the nut.

Comment

Working...
          X