Can i fit a turbo to a standard 2.4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i fit a turbo to a standard 2.4?

Have a 1992 2.4 ssrx 4runner (just got her running again). she is VERY VERY sluggish, can i fit a turbo onto it? the dash has a turbo light always lit up orange. could there have been a turbo in it at some stage?

Are you sure there is no turbo?!

Strange!! There should have been a turbo an to be honest im not sure if ive heard of a 2.4 4runner either. Im not the expert on that so dont get worried mate!

Im sure there is a way to fit one mate, just might be expensive! the ECU would have to be set up for it i think?! Part of the fuel management system.

Comment

Originally posted by little ben View Post
      Have a 1992 2.4 ssrx 4runner (just got her running again). she is VERY VERY sluggish, can i fit a turbo onto it? the dash has a turbo light always lit up orange. could there have been a turbo in it at some stage?
      the orange light is not the turbo light. it's the engine management light. the turbo light is green and is on the right side of the rev counter. as for it being slugish that could be because you have a fault somewhere. try doing a diagnostic test on it test and codes

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
        as for it being slugish that could be because you have a fault somewhere. try doing a diagnostic test on it test and codes
        Yeah he has a fault. I can tell without a diagnostic check. The fault is the turbo is missing. Sounds like a Surf that has had the turbo removed. More info needed.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
          Yeah he has a fault. I can tell without a diagnostic check. The fault is the turbo is missing. Sounds like a Surf that has had the turbo removed. More info needed.

Nev
          hehe, thats what I was thinking, 2.8 Surfs are non-turbo, never seen a 2.4 without one.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
          X