No announcement yet.

Fuel tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheers for the advice guys, the next time it started to want to die at about halfway on the fuel guage i pulled in a did what u suggested and took off the fuel filler cap, there was no hiss, and it didnt improve things....very confusing!

iv located the breather pipe and for a short while have totally disconnected it from the tank so now the tank has just the connection where the pipe normally goes...i wont do it for loing as im sure you guys will tell me its not good to do so but just for test reasons i thought id try it, the tank is full again so il see how it performs as the fuel runs down...

cheers again

Comment

Fuel Problem

It sound to me like you may have a pin hole in the stack pipe, or feed pipe as it's sometimes called, if there is a tiny hole or holes in the pipe inside the tank, then, as the fuel gets lower they become exposed and can draw air in and cause fuel starvation. Just a thought for what it's worth.
      Regards, John.

Comment

When you fill-up you release the vacuum created by the pump and everything is ok until the vacuum builds-up again after using a third of a tank! Try taking the cap off when it runs rough and it should then be ok for a while again.Definitely a blockage - a no hiss system.
        Yes! It's still in the garage. M1ROD

Comment

Last edited by new surf; 4 July 2008, 15:18.
          IT's not how you get in it . IT's how you get out.

Comment

A mate of mine was having the exact same symptoms on his Transit. Runs fine until he got down to a half tank, then would just die. In the end it turned out to be air in the fuel lines. He made sure all lines were properly secure, then did a very thorough bleed of the system. Worked fine after that.
            Paul </Slugsie>
            Immortal.so far!

Comment

Working...
            X