Brake warning light on dash help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake warning light on dash help

I have a 2.4 1992 Surf, the brake warning light is constantly on, the fluid level is ok, I have also checked the float is lifting ok on brake fluid pot.
    The light gets brighter when the handbrake is pulled up.
    Any other sugestions? regards Mick.

Originally posted by snowwolf
    I have a 2.4 1992 Surf, the brake warning light is constantly on, the fluid level is ok, I have also checked the float is lifting ok on brake fluid pot.
    The light gets brighter when the handbrake is pulled up.
    Any other sugestions? regards Mick.
    There is a switch on the handbrake lever, could be stuck on. Or it also is a low vacuum for the servo light.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

handbrake

Thanks for the reply, but the bright handbrake light comes on when the handbrake is on, but this is a dimmer handbrake light, same light but dimmer and when you pull the handbrake it gets brighter.

Comment

Originally posted by snowwolf
        Thanks for the reply, but the bright handbrake light comes on when the handbrake is on, but this is a dimmer handbrake light, same light but dimmer and when you pull the handbrake it gets brighter.
        If the hand brake switch is bad, it will pass a little current and make the light glow.

Otherwise, check your vacuum pump to servo pipes. Does it change if you rev it?
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
        X