Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel carrier Question

Hello

I have bought a 2.4td surf J(92). The fella who had it before me has put a new tailgate on it but its the one with no reverse lights and for a tail mounted spare wheel.

Has anyone mounted this sort of wheel carrier on a surf that did not have it originally. there are no holes near the tail light to bolt the carrier onto.

Any help from someone who has been there done that would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Humble

Hi n welcome Buddy, I believe Popeye's done this Mod... I am hoping to do the mod later in the year, parts/time permitting ..
    Good Luck mate

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never see it Comin !!!!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Humble3.14 View Post
      Hello

I have bought a 2.4td surf J(92). The fella who had it before me has put a new tailgate on it but its the one with no reverse lights and for a tail mounted spare wheel.

Has anyone mounted this sort of wheel carrier on a surf that did not have it originally. there are no holes near the tail light to bolt the carrier onto.

Any help from someone who has been there done that would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
      Humble
      Welcome mate - I've never seen a tailgate with reverse lights on it tbh.

Popeye will give you advice I am sure.
      How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

I have a spare number plate surround with the reversing lights in it here, if you are not putting the spare wheel carrier on the back
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
          Welcome mate - I've never seen a tailgate with reverse lights on it tbh.
          You have now.....

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks for the offer of the reverse lights but I will install them in the tail light once I get the wheel carrier mounted on the back.

The tail gate is the one for back mounted wheel carriers. The truck is actually the model like TonyN has shown in his photo with the under carrage tire carrier.

the previous owner has replaced it with the wrong tailgate. Not fussed though I prefer the wheel on the tail gate any how.(Bum guard)

DW thanks for the info

Popeye if yer listening... If you can help would sure be appreciated. That goes out to anyone else with the know how. Im' a big cuddly Yank looking for new friends with technical expertise.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
              You have now.....

Ahhhh never really looked at the back end of one close enough to realise thats what they were.

There only one around here like that an only ever seen it in passing in other direction.

Well you learn something every day.
              How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Working...
              X