Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More questions you've heard before!

Hello All

Got a couple of questions you've probably heard before but here goes....

Do I need to remove the Bash Guard from under the Radiator before I can Drain and refill the Cooling System?

There is a cable with two square conectors on the end dangling down by the radiator, are these for diagnostics or have they come loose?

Are there Toyota Roof Bars available or is it a Halfords job?

Thanks to all for your help and advice, greatly appreciated as I have the mechanical aptitude of an oinion bahgee, but thanks to you lot I now have a working temperature gauge and am sleeping soundly at night again!

Originally posted by Mark A View Post
    Hello All

Got a couple of questions you've probably heard before but here goes....

Do I need to remove the Bash Guard from under the Radiator before I can Drain and refill the Cooling System?

There is a cable with two square conectors on the end dangling down by the radiator, are these for diagnostics or have they come loose?

Are there Toyota Roof Bars available or is it a Halfords job?

Thanks to all for your help and advice, greatly appreciated as I have the mechanical aptitude of an oinion bahgee, but thanks to you lot I now have a working temperature gauge and am sleeping soundly at night again!
    Instructions on draining the cooling system here:

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/coolant.htm

Square connectors are almost certainly for spot lights that have been removed. Do you by any chance have a switch inside that doesn't seem to do anything? Bag them up and cable tie them to something to keep them out of the way.

There are roof racks that fit the surf but they are pricey and hard to find. If you just want to put stuff on the roof, Halfords or ebay should be able to help. If you go in Halfords, call it a 94 4runner or their heads will explode when it doesn't come up on their computer.

Comment

Cheers Sancho

Big help that, will sort the coolant out this weekend, have bagged and tied the wires and decided to forget roof bars.

Thanks again

Mark

Comment

Having just carried this out, Sancho is spot on, only thing I would add to the link he provided, is the pics show a non air con truck, so if you have air con, you will have a cooler / rad to contend with, plus a couple of fans, which you may have to drop to access drain valve.
        If you play with fire.....

Comment

give the guys a roughtrax a buzz if you change your mind about roof bars.. they're around a oner.....
          Always assume the worst.....Anything less is a bonus!!

Comment

If you just need Thule style side to side bars, I (think I) have some in my cellar that you can have for the cost of postage.

Comment

Working...
            X