Tailgate on 93 Model Surf.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailgate on 93 Model Surf.

Hi there, gonna ask a really thick question to anyone that feels like answering it for me. I'm in the process of buying a surf and keep forgetting to ask about the drop down tail gate. Am wondering if it's strong enough to put weight on ( my 18st bulk ) or whether i should try to keep the weight to a minimum ? Am into fishing and had visions of myself and my son opening up the tail gate and climbing in during wet spells.

Would be glad of any advice,

Cheers.

Two normal adult people can perch on it OK, done it for years with no ill effects.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by JimH
      Hi there, gonna ask a really thick question to anyone that feels like answering it for me. I'm in the process of buying a surf and keep forgetting to ask about the drop down tail gate. Am wondering if it's strong enough to put weight on ( my 18st bulk ) or whether i should try to keep the weight to a minimum ? Am into fishing and had visions of myself and my son opening up the tail gate and climbing in during wet spells.

Would be glad of any advice,

Cheers.
      Perfect for what you want, do the same on mine thats what I bought it for to lugg me fishing gear around.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

well I am no lightweight (big boned) and I climb up onto mine all the time? no choice really only way I can get my gear out!!
        cheers Keith

Comment

thanks guys. one less thing to worry about.

Comment

Working...
          X