Wheel Widths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Widths

HI CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF I CAN FIT WIDER WHEELS TO MY 2ND GEN WIDE BODY SURF AND IF SO HOW WIDE WAS THINKING OF 8 OR 9X15

THANKS BRIAN

Originally posted by brian567
    HI CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF I CAN FIT WIDER WHEELS TO MY 2ND GEN WIDE BODY SURF AND IF SO HOW WIDE WAS THINKING OF 8 OR 9X15

THANKS BRIAN
    Standard alloys are 8" anyway. 9" would have to have the extra inch as offset, or it'll hit the suspension stuff.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      Standard alloys are 8" anyway. 9" would have to have the extra inch as offset, or it'll hit the suspension stuff.
      My Standard alloys are 15 x 7.

Cheers

Comment

My standard alloys are 15x7 also.
        Derek :
        1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
        [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Just to be different... my standard Toyota Alloys are 15 by 8
          Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
            Just to be different... my standard Toyota Alloys are 15 by 8
            Thanks babe! I was starting think I'd gone nuts!

Comment

Thanks babe! I was starting think I'd gone nuts!

Tony.

Are you sure they are not 15x7 8J or rather 15x7 8 offset. Thats whats on mine.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                Tony.

Are you sure they are not 15x7 8J or rather 15x7 8 offset. Thats whats on mine.

Cheers
                Could be, knew there was an 8 in there somewhere! Not near a set till Wednesday, so will have to wait till then to see whats up.

7" is embarressenly small!! They'll have to go! Have to toss the 15x12's on that are on the pickup axles still.

Comment

Could be, knew there was an 8 in there somewhere! Not near a set till Wednesday, so will have to wait till then to see whats up.

7" is embarressenly small!! They'll have to go! Have to toss the 15x12's on that are on the pickup axles still.
                  Yep have been thinking of a set of 8x15 black steel wheels for mine (USA Wheels one from Bronco). Might get a set a little later in the year, going to get the tyres first.

Think the 12s might be a bit big though - might need just a little arch extension on them - mind you you could always take your grinder to the axles and the driveshafts on the front and cut a little bit of width out of them. Just think what you could fit with shorter axles - 15 x 15s with big floaty tyres on them - could really go Surfing then.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                    Yep have been thinking of a set of 8x15 black steel wheels for mine (USA Wheels one from Bronco). Might get a set a little later in the year, going to get the tyres first.

Think the 12s might be a bit big though - might need just a little arch extension on them - mind you you could always take your grinder to the axles and the driveshafts on the front and cut a little bit of width out of them. Just think what you could fit with shorter axles - 15 x 15s with big floaty tyres on them - could really go Surfing then.

Cheers

I just got a set of 15x8 white 8 spokes from 4x4 accessories £170 for 5 delivered
                    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

wheels

mine have -20 where it usually says 8 making the wheels stick out more
                      Live Life To The Full

Comment

They are offset 8, but I'm happy to have 12"..... will fill thos arches nicely!!!
                        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                          but I'm happy to have 12".....

Comment

Working...
                          X