codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• codes

Here's one for the tech's.... just linked TE1 and E1 in the box marked diagnostics...... I'm getting 12 flashes which if i'm correct in reading means timer control valve (pump)
    I did move it into reverse and only got 11 flashes so i know something is working...
    My question is simple....lol What is it and where would i find it...? Can it be repaired or wll it have to be replaced?
    Always assume the worst.....Anything less is a bonus!!

The timer control valve is at the back of the pump. Changing the valve may or may not fix the error. It can also be caused by the pump timing being out.

Code 11 tells you the car is not in neutral or park. Being in reverse is not in neutral or park, hence code 11.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Lol i only put it in rev to see if the codes were working..... been on here now reading up on old threads about code 12..... there seems to be a lot of them!!
      Taking off the pump is not really a thought i cherish too much, i only had it off (the pump!!) about 2 years ago to give it a service.......

Comment

Going through the site searhing i've found loads of code 12's.....??
        is this a common fault or does this go deeper? could it just be the age of the veh or the pump? could it just be like the timing belt warning light on the dash, after so many miles it activates? Or am i just clutching at straws hoping there is nothing wrong...lol

Comment

the timing belt warning light is set to come on at 100k.I don't know much about the codes as i never needed to use them yet(fingers crossed)
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

right then..... i'm in my garage with my beast..... srtipped most of it down and now i need to know what i'm in for...lol can anyone tell me what the TIMER CONTROL VALVE looks like so i dont go messing with anything i shouldn't......

Comment

Hi speedy,

How did you get on with this? I just wanted to post cos I recently replaced my entire pump with a brand 5B300, and am still getting code 12s.

Here's my thread on the AU Surf forum about it:
              http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...c.php?p=124513

The full list of possible causes I've seen mentioned on the net are:
              - Bad timer control valve
              - Fuel line air leak
              - Blocked fuel filter
              - Pump timing out
              - Timing belt slipped a notch
              - Bad ECU/Wiring

... although there seem to be way more people reporting the problem than reporting a fix. .

I get the fault code pretty much immediately when the engine starts, even when the ECU has been reset, so I'm thinking it may be a bad electrical connection in my case. I'm going to clean all of the pump connections and check out the ECU on the weekend, will let you know if I get anywhere.

Comment

Working...
              X