Turbo kicks in?? What size wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo kicks in?? What size wheels?

helo, i just bought my first hilux surf last week and love it! The turbo kicks in at 2000rpm and is on most of time,is this normal?
    Also my wheels seem too small,they are 215/80 R15, am looking for wheels bigger and chunkier!! any ideas??? ta
    Last edited by Ricky R; 6 April 2008, 21:58. Reason: never finished it

watch the power drop and the mpg go up

Originally posted by Ricky R View Post
    helo, i just bought my first hilux surf last week and love it! The turbo kicks in at 2000rpm and is on most of time,is this normal?
    Also my wheels seem too small,they are 215/80 R15, am looking for wheels bigger and chunkier!! any ideas??? ta
    15 inch rims are the right size of wheel for your surf if you have a lift kit on your surf or are wanting to do one you can step up to a 16 inch rim bot this will push up your mpg and you will lose power and your surf will knead a derv tanker strapped to its ass you can put up to 33inch tyres on your rims but you will have to do a lift first so that the new wheel & tyre have the room under the wheel arch hope you & your surf have a long n muddy life

jeff
    S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

Hey!! Welcome to the site mate!

best tyre size to go for is 31x10.50r15 check out www.camskill.com <-- cheap!! get some chunky tyres on an it will make a huuge difference in looks. Judging by the size i would say yours is a prefacelift model! they look great on larger tyres!!

Originally posted by jeff.fn02jwa View Post
      15 inch rims are the right size of wheel for your surf if you have a lift kit on your surf or are wanting to do one you can step up to a 16 inch rim bot this will push up your mpg and you will lose power and your surf will knead a derv tanker strapped to its ass you can put up to 33inch tyres on your rims but you will have to do a lift first so that the new wheel & tyre have the room under the wheel arch hope you & your surf have a long n muddy life

jeff
      a 16" rim wont make any difference in power or mpg. its the overall diameter of the tyre that effects them. My old 16" alloys were better on fuel then my new 15"

Comment

great,cheers for that,will go searching this weekend... what is the average mpg a surf will do?? its a 2.4 auto

Comment

Working...
        X