Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator Leak?

Hi,

The Surf has developed a bit of a coolant leak and it seems to be coming from the top of the radiator as you can see the coolant gathering on the top lip when the engines running. It's not too bad at the moment but what I'd like to know is, is this something that can be patched or do I need to get a new radiator fitted ?

Thanks.

Richard.

Originally posted by rcutting
    Hi,

The Surf has developed a bit of a coolant leak and it seems to be coming from the top of the radiator as you can see the coolant gathering on the top lip when the engines running. It's not too bad at the moment but what I'd like to know is, is this something that can be patched or do I need to get a new radiator fitted ?

Thanks.

Richard.
    this can be repaired, but if radiator core is in poor condition fit a new one
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Richard,

Mine has had the same problem since last July. I say problem. It has given no trouble so far. In fact I have barely put half a litre of top up coolant in since flushing last August. ( I had some spare coolant left over and put it in a 2L pop bottle)
      The above doesn't guarantee that I wont be parked in a steamy puddle one day!!
      I have just remembered. I saw something in a previous thread about Toyota rads weeping slightly if the wrong pressure filler cap is fitted. I have had a look and can't find the thread- the search engine has a misfire.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

radiator leak

Originally posted by rcutting
        Hi,

Thanks.

Richard.
        Mine was the same very small ammount of water in top rim that you could wipe awy with your finger. apparently Toyota rads have a silicon gasket at the top of radiator. Took it to Toyota dealer who fitted new rad £ 350.

Comment

Working...
        X