Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch change

Dear knowledgable ones

Just ordered a flywheel and clutch kit from milners, so should be fitting it in the next week or two, I'm handy with the spanners, and not scared to try anything (ooh err). Are there any tips or help you can offer, to make the job easier?

Ta muchly in advance
    .....and then it turned blue, and dropped off!!!

compared to a sunbeam the surf should be a doddle.
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Hope so, cos the sunbeam is a piece of pi$$ to work on, even with the ford engine and box, that don't really fit in properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamescefen View Post
        Hope so, cos the sunbeam is a piece of pi$$ to work on, even with the ford engine and box, that don't really fit in properly.
        nothing a good lump hammer wont fix......
        Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

I'm not taking a lump hammer to my baby yet. 1st outing in 2 weeks time. I may need to use one afterwards though, but I hope not.

Comment

Replace the Rear Main Seal and Spigot Bearing.

Nev

Comment

The way i've just done it was to remove the exhaust, propshafts, gear-sticks and wiring, then place a trolly jack under the back of the transfer case and then remove the rear mounting beam (4 bolts on each side and two on the transfer case) this will allow the gaerbox to be lowered and thus tilting the engine.

Once the engine was tilted you will have reasonable access to the top few bolts (3 right at the top) for this you will need a long 1/2" extension bar, preferably with a adjustable head to allow more movement, fitted to this will be a M14 socket (top bolts are M12 fine with a 14mm head) botom bolts are M10 fine with a 12mm head, once the top bolts are out you can jack the box back up again and i used 2 ratchet straps to hold the gearbox and transfer case whilst removing them, it allows easy movement in/out and up/down, remove the rest of the bolts and off she comes.

And as Nev said "Replace the Rear Main Seal"

Hope this helps ease the pain a bit

Roy
              Last edited by roylittle0; 2 April 2008, 16:36.
              Roy
              When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

Working...
              X