Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fitting front fogs to the valance 2nd gen

righty guys,

anyone fitted front fog spots the the valance of a 2.4 2nd gen J plate or there abouts?

if so, what fogs did you use?

there are two recesses in the valance that look like they would take fogs if you cut them out. Were front fogs standard on any of the 2.4's or even an optional extra? dont think ive ever seen any.

cheers chaps
    If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

dont think they were ever an option but I know its been done before just using rectangle ish lights.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I know of no factory fitted option (and would be suprised as they don't have rear fog lights). But heres some old pictures of my girl with spots fitted under the lower valance

Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Re

I reckon you mean actually "cutting" a hole in the valance (where the light indents are) and fixing some after market ones!

Am I right?

If so, I recently enquired about this at various shops and they all said it could be done without too much hassle.

It looks to be a pretty easy task when you think about it.

I know that Halfords, for instance, sell "set in" type lamps that would be perfect for the valance, just cut the required hole, push lamps in from front and secure.

I was going to do it but I am looking for some more shapely ones.

I reckon you could get great front valance lamps having a poke arount a breakers yard!

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by legendgamesmaster View Post
          righty guys,

anyone fitted front fog spots the the valance of a 2.4 2nd gen J plate or there abouts?

if so, what fogs did you use?

there are two recesses in the valance that look like they would take fogs if you cut them out. Were front fogs standard on any of the 2.4's or even an optional extra? dont think ive ever seen any.

cheers chaps
          Try ebaly, look for the bmw e36 front fogs, they are the closest fit to the valance shape.
          http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel View Post
            Try ebaly, look for the bmw e36 front fogs, they are the closest fit to the valance shape.

cheers m8, will do.
            If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

foglights

am currently fitting rectangular microline foglights to the front of my J reg, will post pics as soon as its done. these are available with fitting kit from halfords for £25. went for the bumper mount option cos it looks a little more OE me thinks. managed to get some landy rear light covers which are a perfect fit to protect them too.

Comment

I did cut holes in the valance and make a complete ar5e of it.

I used ring retangle foglamps.

Mounting them was a problem as there is no suitable place nearby.

Looking at them some landcruiser fogs seem to be similar.

Seen them on the road, but not in any knackers yards
                Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

front fogs

Hi, I saw a 'N' reg 3l with fatory fit round fogs in the front valance. The truck is based in Retford, Yorkshire and the guy who owns it sells parts through Ebay, see his auction and give him a call, he may be able to help.

Comment

Originally posted by jag1709 View Post
                    Hi, I saw a 'N' reg 3l with fatory fit round fogs in the front valance. The truck is based in Retford, Yorkshire and the guy who owns it sells parts through Ebay, see his auction and give him a call, he may be able to help.
                    My 3rd gen has got factory fitted front fogs in valance . I dont think Jap fog can be very thick though as when I needed them last month to help see in the English fog I might as well have had a couple of glow worms on there . Need to upgrade me thinks.
                    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
                    X