glow plug question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glow plug question

hi, i am just about to fit my wellman w536 glow plug the same as the top one in this picture http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/at...9&d=1132750478
    After removing the first glow plug from the vehicle, the only difference seems to be the length of the top thread that the brass/plastic cap fits onto is much longer than the w536 wellman plug.

as you can see from the picture, there is not a lot of thread on the top.
    Is it ok to remove the top nut from the plug so as there is more thread to fix to.

Thanks.

Use the nuts that came with the glow plugs rather than the plastic capped originals or if the originals fit the new plug then just keep the new nuts as spares.

Nev

Comment

Thanks NifTyNev

I think i will use the new ones as one of the plastic caps is cracked.

I guess there is no need for the plastic cap then?

Thanks again

Comment

Tried the truck out for the first time this morning after being left overnight, and started first time as soon as the key turned.

Wot a difference, a lot quiter and smoother on start up and no noticable smoke at all.

Thanks to this forum and the Australian one, it only took me an hour and a half to do the job, i dread to think how long it would have taken otherwise.

So for anyone reading this who maybe thinking should i or should i not subscribe, DO IT, its worth every penny to not only find the information you need, but in knowing the job is done right.

Comment

Working...
        X