Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LC springs or uprated Smurf springs?

what are your experiences?

LC springs (from Milners?) or uprated Smurf springs from Roughtrax?

do I NEED to get extended shocks for the extra length springs, or will my standard 'yota shocks still be OK?

oooh, is it that time already? my 1st Jenna needs feeding... see yas guyz.
    If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

If you get L/C springs youll want to get 33's as wheels look too small. And yes youll need equivalent lift shocks to match. If your considereng staying on standard wheels then i would recommend +2 springs with +2 shocks from milners. If your going 33's then L/C springs and es9000 +3 shocks.
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

if your not off roading the truck then you can get away with leaving the standard shocks on but if off roading you need to get +3" shocks at least for the rear
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
        if your not off roading the truck then you can get away with leaving the standard shocks on but if off roading you need to get +3" shocks at least for the rear
        iv bought the same springs,and intend on doing lots of offroading,laneing overlanding and so on,are these millners spring the best way to go,and how important is it to have the location cups for the top of the springs?
        I had these on my old surf, and one of the springs dislodged its self out of the location cone while offroad ,and when it compressed it snapped the spring!
        iv just found out if you use standerd LC springs they are thinner are fit the surf better,you dont need location cones,and provide the same lift,plus with them being softer the truck will articulate with more ease and not cock a wheel in the air?can you shed any light on these thought before i go and put them on my truck

cheers alan
        Not going to rest till its broke

Comment

The Land Cruiser springs are the cheap option for a 3 inch lift. The LC is a much heavier vehicle so when the springs are fitted to a surf they don't compress as much, this is great for on road or towing, but off road they're very stiff and you can feel it and the lack of articulation can make you feel precarious crossing very uneven ground.

The cheap lift is also helped by not needing new shock absorbers, as the springs don't allow for any articulation you're not going to pass the limits of the standard shocks.

For the front, I've never understood using stiffer torsion bars, why make the front stiff? This is fine if you don't go off road and just want the lift for looks, but if you do, adjusting the standard bars will be better coupled with some ball joint spacers.

Also the LC springs are a larger diameter so don't fit the Surf chassis cups properly, I never had a problem on my old one but if I went that route again I'd get some cups to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Dodge View Post
            The Land Cruiser springs are the cheap option for a 3 inch lift. The LC is a much heavier vehicle so when the springs are fitted to a surf they don't compress as much, this is great for on road or towing, but off road they're very stiff and you can feel it and the lack of articulation can make you feel precarious crossing very uneven ground.

The cheap lift is also helped by not needing new shock absorbers, as the springs don't allow for any articulation you're not going to pass the limits of the standard shocks.

For the front, I've never understood using stiffer torsion bars, why make the front stiff? This is fine if you don't go off road and just want the lift for looks, but if you do, adjusting the standard bars will be better coupled with some ball joint spacers.

Also the LC springs are a larger diameter so don't fit the Surf chassis cups properly, I never had a problem on my old one but if I went that route again I'd get some cups to fit.
            cheers dodge,im sorted on the front end,iv tried a few set ups on my old surf with 2" lift springs from rough trax,first up rated 2" on there own, which as they claim, did not give me a 2" lift so then i put 1" spacers in to balance it out,but with no ARBs in, and extended shocks they could dislodge,and did once resulting in a spring snapping!
            has anyone out there done hard core off roading with the millner LC (blue)springs in,are they too stiff?
            Not going to rest till its broke

Comment

Working...
            X